For everything you wanted to know about making or understanding faithful, blockbuster, mass media entertainment, a great place to start is to learn from those who are making it in Hollywood and are making a difference. HOW TO SUCCEED IN HOLLYWOOD (WITHOUT LOSING YOUR SOUL) will show you how to use your God-given and God-ordained gifts and talents to make significant creative contributions to the entertainment world.
Learn from industry professionals – the brightest and best people of faith in the entertainment industry – how they developed their screenwriting, acting, directing, producing, and behind-the-scenes interests to make Hollywood and the world a better place.
The contributors you will read exclusively include:
- Richard Cook, former chairman of Walt Disney Pictures;
- Peter Engel, producer of LAST COMIC STANDING, ALL ABOUT US, MALIBU, CA, CITY GUYS, USA HIGH, HANG TIME, and the famous SAVED BY THE BELL;
- Bill Ewing, former Executive Vice President of Columbia Pictures;
- Bill Fay, executive producer of many movies including INDEPENDENCE DAY and THE PATRIOT;
- Penelope Foster, co-producer of many movies, including OPERATION DUMBO DROP, FREE WILLY and ROSEWOOD;
- Don Hahn, producer of many movies including THE LION KING, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, and THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME;
- Brenda Hampton, writer of many television programs, including LOVE BOAT, SAFE HARBOR and 7TH HEAVEN (creator and executive producer);
- Bruce Johnson, president of Porchlight Entertainment;
- Dave, Gary and Joan Johnson, writers and producers of many television programs including AGAINST THE GRAIN, DOC and SUE THOMAS: F.B.EYE;
- Al Kasha, Academy Award winning songwriter and composer for many movies and television programs, including THE POSEIDEN ADVENTURE, THE TOWERING INFERNO, and THE RUGRATS GO WILD!;
- Ron Maxwell, writer and director of many movies including PARENT TRAP II, LITTLE DARLINGS, GETTYSBURG and GODS AND GENERALS;
- Brad Moore, president of Hallmark Hall of Fame;
- Bud Paxson, owner of PaxTV;
- John Ratzenberger, voiced every Pixar movie, star of hit TV show Cheers, and producer of Made in America;
- Barry Reardon, former president of Distribution for Warner Bros.;
- Phil Roman, executive producer of GARFIELD, TOM AND JERRY, and THE SIMPSONS;
- Andrew Stanton, the scriptwriter for TOY STORY, TOY STORY II, BUGS LIFE, MONSTER’S INC., and FINDING NEMO (which he also directed and produced);
- Chuck Viane, president of Walt Disney Company's Buena Vista Film Distribution Group;
- Randall Wallace, the writer of many movies including BRAVEHEART, PEARL HARBOR, and WE WERE SOLDIERS (which he also directed and produced);
- Frank Yablans, former president of Paramount Pictures.
Ted Baehr is an entertainment industry professional who knows what it takes to make it in Hollywood. Moreover, he is a committed Christian who knows the pressures and opportunities unique to people of faith in this precarious world of show business. How to Succeed in Hollywood will show Christians how to use their faith to change the culture of Hollywood and mass media entertainment by using their God-given and God-ordained gifts and talents to make significant creative contributions to the entertainment world. Readers will learn from industry professionals-the brightest and best people of faith in the entertainment industry-how to develop their screenwriting, acting, directing, producing, and behind-the-scenes interests to make Hollywood and the world a better place.